Starting in 2022, selected FAIR-Workshops will focus on the following topics:
- Workshop 1: „Agile statistical methods with applications in the social sciences and a special focus on prediction models"
- Workshop 2: „Agile data science models with applications in the social sciences (esp. analyses of data streams)"
- Workshop 3: „Heterogeneity in social science research: What works for whom?“
- Workshop 4: „Agile interventions in empirical educational research"
- Workshop 5: „Data-driven prevention in lifespan research on aging"
- Workshop 6: „Interdisciplinary agile intervention and prevention research“
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of the TU Dortmund University is located near the freeway junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerland line A45 crosses the Ruhr expressway B1/A40. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the South Campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 leads to the North Campus. The university is signposted at both exits. All FAIR PIs have offices on the North Campus. FAIR's main offices will be located a bit off the North Campus on Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 17 (parking behind the building).
The "Dortmund Universität" S-Bahn station is located directly on the North Campus. From there, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 15 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. In addition, the university can be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the homepage of the Verkehrsverbundes Rhein-Ruhr, and DSW21 also offer an interactive route network map.
From Dortmund Airport, the AirportExpress takes just over 20 minutes to Dortmund main station and from there to the university by S-Bahn. A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university's train station.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, while Line 2 commutes every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. It covers this distance in two minutes.